The ABC School of Florence has been teaching the Italian Language and Culture to students from all over the world since 1982 and is officially authorised by the Italian Ministry of Education.
The ABC School of Florence carries out research in the field of linguistics and pedagogy according to the “Direct Teaching Method” with a special attention to a solid grammar base. We provide both grammar and conversation lessons. From the first day on, in all levels, only Italian will be spoken. You will be encouraged to practice verbal communication with your teachers so that you may learn Italian naturally, increasing your knowledge quickly and with confidence. With your teacher you will practice your spoken Italian in real-life situations. All the teachers are highly qualified. They have a degree in Italian language and literature. All of our teachers have been specially trained in teaching Italian to foreigners. The teachers frequently attend courses covering new methods: their knowledge is always up to date. Moreover teachers are selected carefully with attention to their teaching abilities as well as personality. They are welcoming, friendly and put the students at their ease.
STUDENTS LEARN QUICKLY AND THOROUGHLY
- Class of maximum 8 students
- Students have to do a written and oral test to be placed accurately in a class.
- Levels according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
WHERE WE ARE
The school is located in the heart of Florence, in the colourful neighbourhood of Santa Croce nearby the most important monuments and museums of the city. From the windows of the beautiful frescoed classrooms of Palazzo Venerosi Pesciolini, you can enjoy the view of Palazzo Vecchio from one side and Piazza Peruzzi from the other.
WHY STUDY ITALIAN AT THE ABC SCHOOL OF FLORENCE
- Experience: the ABC School of Florence has been successfully teaching Italian since 1982
- Small class sizes: a maximum of 8 students per class (average 6/7 students per class)
- Qualified teachers, professional, friendly and welcoming
- Student care: a warm and welcoming staff is at your disposal
- Wide range of courses: Italian Language, Cultural and Professional courses... customized to meet your needs
- After lessons activities enriching activities conducted by our teachers
- Visits to museums and churches held by our teachers who are Licensed Guides of Florence
- Familiar and friendly atmosphere
- Selected accommodation: walking distance from the school, max 20/25 minutes.
- Standard Group Course
- Intensive Group Course
- Standard Group Course Plus 5 or 10 one-to-one lessons/week
- Standard Group Course Plus 5 or 10 one-to-one lessons/week about: business, hotel and tourism, flight attendance, art history, literature, healthcare and other specific matters
- Standard Group Course Plus 5 or 10 one-to-one lessons/week preparation for AIL, CILS, CELI Exams
- Specific Group Course
- Individual Course, Duetto Course and Trietto Course
- 50 + program
- Long term Courses
- Pre - universities Course
- Family with children
- Teachers Course
- Standard Group Course Plus Lunch
- Mamma Cooking (Standard Group Course plus cooking lessons)
- School Group
- Junior Group
- Italian Art History
- Tailor-made Courses
- Artistic Activities
- Fashion Course and Jewellery Course
- Study in Florence (ABC) and in Taormina (Babilonia)
- Study in Florence (ABC) and in Bagno di Romagna (Scuola Palazzo Malvisi)
- Study in Florence (ABC) and in Genoa (A door to Italy)
- Study in Florence (ABC) and in Verona (InClasse)
- On line Courses • Cooking together
The ABC School offers a wide program of activities in the afternoon and on Saturdays: Walking tours of Florence, guided tours museums and churches, visits to wine farms in Chianti, lectures in Italian Art and Culture, Italian films with Italian subtitles, Aperitivo and dinners together, Excursions in the most famous towns in Tuscany.